At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiarrhythmics
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists; Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 05 Nov 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Arrhythmias in Europe (unspecified route)
- 01 May 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Arrhythmias in Europe (Unknown route)
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline