At a glance
- Originator Shionogi
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Sodium-bile acid cotransporter-inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2005 Discontinued for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (PO)
- 31 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Hyperlipidaemia in Europe (PO)
- 11 Nov 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Hyperlipidaemia in Europe (PO)