Calcitonin intranasal - West Pharmaceutical ServicesAlternative Names: Salcatonin intranasal - West Pharmaceutical Services
Latest Information Update: 04 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator West Pharmaceutical Services Drug Delivery and Clinical Research Centre
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 11 Nov 2003 Calcitonin intranasal is available for licensing (http://www.westpharma.com)
- 20 Sep 2000 No-Development-Reported for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in United Kingdom (Intranasal)
- 02 Jul 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in United Kingdom (Intranasal)