At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action CD26 antigen inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Switzerland (Unknown route)
- 14 Jul 1998 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Switzerland (Unknown route)