RO 611790Alternative Names: VML 588
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2000
At a glance
- Originator Roche
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Dioxanes; Neuroprotectants; Pyridines; Pyrimidines; Small molecules; Sulfonamides; Tetrazoles
- Mechanism of Action Endothelin A receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Renal failure; Subarachnoid haemorrhage
Most Recent Events
- 15 Aug 2000 Discontinued-I for Subarachnoid haemorrhage in World (IV)
- 15 Aug 2000 Discontinued-I for Renal failure in World (IV)
- 24 May 2000 Vanguard Medica is now called Vernalis Group