Latest Information Update: 26 Jul 2000
At a glance
- Originator Kinetek Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Protein kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jul 2000 Discontinued-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Canada (Unknown route)
- 10 Feb 1999 Phase-I clinical trials for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Canada (Unknown route)
- 27 Jul 1998 New profile