SPD 473Alternative Names: BTS 74398
Latest Information Update: 05 Aug 2004
At a glance
- Originator Abbott GmbH & Co. KG
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic receptor antagonists; Dopamine uptake inhibitors; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder; Major depressive disorder; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 2004 Discontinued - Phase-II for Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in Europe (unspecified route)
- 02 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Depression in Europe (unspecified route)
- 02 Oct 2002 Phase-I clinical trials in Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in Europe (unspecified route)