Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 02 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 29 Jul 1998 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)