Research programme: interleukin-8 antagonists - Sanofi-Aventis/Millennium
Latest Information Update: 04 Jun 2008
At a glance
- Originator Millennium Pharmaceuticals; sanofi-aventis
- Class Monoclonal antibodies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Interleukin 8 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Reperfusion injury; Unspecified
Most Recent Events
- 14 May 2008 Millennium Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Takeda
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 03 Feb 2004 No development reported - Preclinical for Reperfusion injury in USA (PO)