ElarofibanAlternative Names: RWJ 53308
Latest Information Update: 11 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development
- Class Antiplatelets; Small molecules; Vascular disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action GPIIb-IIIa antagonists; Platelet aggregation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Myocardial infarction; Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 06 Sep 2000 Elarofiban is the generic name for RWJ 53308
- 28 Aug 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Myocardial infarction in World (PO)
- 28 Aug 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Myocardial infarction in USA (PO)