1229U91Alternative Names: GR 231118; GW 1229
Latest Information Update: 14 Sep 2004
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer Banyu
- Mechanism of Action Neuropeptide Y receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 14 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in Japan (unspecified route)
- 20 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline