OPC 51803Alternative Names: SOU 003
Latest Information Update: 30 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Otsuka America Pharmaceutical; Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Class Antidiuretics; Benzazepines; Pyrrolidines
- Mechanism of Action Vasopressin V2 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes insipidus; Nocturia; Urinary incontinence
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 2007 Clinical development is ongoing
- 31 Jul 2006 This compound is still in active development with Sosei
- 01 May 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Nocturia in Europe (unspecified route)