HMR 1098Alternative Names: 1098; Clamikalant sodium
Latest Information Update: 02 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antiarrhythmics; Benzamides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias; Heart arrest
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Heart arrest in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Arrhythmias in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma