At a glance
- Originator Metabasis Therapeutics
- Class Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A1 receptor agonists; Adenosine A1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Craniocerebral trauma; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Head injuries in USA (Unknown route)
- 02 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Stroke in USA (Unknown route)
- 03 Sep 1998 New profile