At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Seizures
Most Recent Events
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 07 Sep 1998 New profile
- 07 Sep 1998 Preclinical development for Seizures in Italy (Unknown route)