SC 112Alternative Names: IBAT inhibitor - Pharmacia
Latest Information Update: 27 Oct 2000
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium-bile acid cotransporter-inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 27 Oct 2000 No-Development-Reported for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Apr 2000 Monsanto has merged with Pharmacia & Upjohn to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 14 Sep 1998 Preclinical development for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)