At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium-bile acid cotransporter-inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-Clinical for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)
- 15 Sep 1998 Investigation in Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)