At a glance
- Originator Tanabe Seiyaku
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in Japan (Unknown route)
- 07 Sep 1998 New profile
- 07 Sep 1998 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in Japan (Unknown route)