GantofibanAlternative Names: EMD 122347; YM 028
Latest Information Update: 08 Jun 2004
At a glance
- Originator Merck KGaA; Yamanouchi
- Class Antithrombotics; Oxazoles; Piperazines; Small molecules; Vascular disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action GPIIb-IIIa antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 13 May 2004 Discontinued - Phase-II for Thrombosis in Japan (PO)
- 20 Oct 2003 This compound is still in active development
- 22 Jul 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Thrombosis in Japan (PO)