HIV vaccine vCP1433Alternative Names: ALVAC-HIV vCP1433; vCP1433
Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator sanofi pasteur
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jan 2005 Aventis Pasteur is now called sanofi pasteur
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 31 Jul 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in HIV-1 infections in France (Parenteral)