At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Class Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cardiovascular disorders; Heart failure; Pulmonary hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 11 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Heart failure in Japan (Unknown route)
- 11 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Pulmonary hypertension in Japan (Unknown route)
- 25 Sep 1998 Preclinical development for Cardiovascular disorders in Japan (Unknown route)