Latest Information Update: 18 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiandrogens; Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Testosterone congener inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acne; Alopecia; Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Hirsutism; Polycystic ovary syndrome; Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Prostate cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Acne in USA (Topical)