At a glance
- Originator AEterna Zentaris Inc
- Class Anthracyclines; Antineoplastics; Pyrroles
- Mechanism of Action DNA intercalators; Somatostatin receptor agonists; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 06 Oct 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Solid tumours in USA (IV)
- 01 Jun 2006 This compound is still in active development
- 30 Dec 2002 Zentaris has been acquired by AEterna Laboratories