At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antibacterials; Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 2000 Pfizer has merged with Warner-Lambert
- 14 Oct 1998 New profile
- 14 Oct 1998 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)