Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Originator Gryphon Therapeutics
- Class Viral fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action HIV fusion inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jul 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (Parenteral)
- 29 Jul 2003 Data presented at the 2nd IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment (IAS-2003) have been added to the HIV infections pharmacodynamics section
- 28 Jul 2003 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)