LevamlodipineAlternative Names: S-amlodipine
Latest Information Update: 11 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator Sepracor
- Class Antihypertensives; Dihydropyridines; Nicotinic-acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Angina pectoris; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 02 Nov 2005 Levamlodipine is available for licensing in USA (http://www.sepracor.com)
- 06 May 2002 Phase-II clinical trials in Hypertension in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Oct 1998 New profile