Latest Information Update: 25 Jan 2005
At a glance
- Originator BioCryst Pharmaceuticals; Nonindustrial source
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Neuraminidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Influenza virus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 May 2001 Ortho-McNeil and RW Johnson have given 4 months' notice that they intend to terminate their license
- 15 Feb 2001 No-Development-Reported for Influenza virus infections in USA (Unknown route)