VB 19038Alternative Names: VB-19038
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2011
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 May 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 03 Nov 1998 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)