NCX 284Alternative Names: NO-diclofenac
Latest Information Update: 03 Oct 2002
At a glance
- Originator NicOx
- Class Analgesics; Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors; Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 03 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Pain (PO)
- 03 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Inflammation (PO)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed