Latest Information Update: 31 Jul 2012
At a glance
- Originator NicOx
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiasthmatics
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Inflammatory bowel diseases
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jul 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Inflammatory bowel disease in Europe (unspecified route)
- 27 Jul 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Asthma in Europe (unspecified route)
- 17 Jun 1999 Profile reviewed