At a glance
- Originator SSP Co
- Developer Arena Pharmaceuticals; SSP Co
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors; Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 24 Apr 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in Japan (unspecified route)
- 24 Apr 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)
- 25 May 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)