Research programme: KCNQ potassium channel agonists - Icagen, Inc.Alternative Names: ICA-27243; ICA-69673
Latest Information Update: 08 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Originator Icagen
- Developer Icagen, Inc.
- Class Analgesics; Antiepileptic drugs; Benzamides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action KCNQ potassium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Epilepsy; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 12 Dec 2005 Data presented at the 35th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2005) have been added to the Epilepsy and seizure disorders, and Pain pharmacodynamics sections ,,
- 21 Sep 2005 Data presented at the 230th American Chemical Society National Meeting (230th-ACS-2005) have been added to the Epilepsy and seizure disorders pharmacodynamics section
- 13 May 2005 Preclinical trials still ongoing for Epilepsy and Neuropathic pain in USA