Calcitonin - PPL TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Salcatonin - PPL Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 09 Feb 2000
At a glance
- Originator PPL Therapeutics PLC
- Class Antihypercalcaemics; Calcium regulators; Neuropeptides; Osteoporosis therapies; Peptide hormones
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 09 Feb 2000 Suspended-Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 12 Nov 1998 New profile
- 12 Nov 1998 Preclinical development for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in United Kingdom (Unknown route)