Ciprofloxacin/hydrocortisone otic solutionAlternative Names: Cipro HC Otic Suspension; Ciproxin HC
Latest Information Update: 27 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator Bayer
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiallergics; Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones; Glucocorticoids
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase inhibitors; Glucocorticoid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Otitis externa
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2010 Alcon has been acquired by Novartis
- 28 Jun 2001 ALZA Corporation has been acquired by Johnson & Johnson
- 14 Nov 2000 ALZA has entered an agreement with Bayer to copromote Cipro® in the US market