Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator OSI Pharmaceuticals; Pfizer
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Protein tyrosine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 2000 Pfizer has merged with Warner-Lambert
- 16 Mar 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 13 Nov 1998 Preclinical development for Solid tumours in United Kingdom (PO)