EflucimibeAlternative Names: F 12511; L 0081
Latest Information Update: 27 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Pierre Fabre
- Class Anilides; Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Sterol O-acyltransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis; Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 07 Oct 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Hyperlipidaemia in France (PO)
- 07 Oct 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Atherosclerosis in France (PO)
- 21 Nov 2002 bioMerieux-Pierre Fabre Group has demerged