Interferon-alpha-2a - University of TexasAlternative Names: hrINF-alpha-2a
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 19 May 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 06 Jul 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)