Interferon-alpha Leukoferon - ViragenAlternative Names: Alpha Leukoferon
Latest Information Update: 19 Nov 1998
At a glance
- Originator Viragen
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon alpha stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; HIV infections; Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 01 Aug 1995 Discontinued-Clinical for Multiple sclerosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 01 Aug 1995 Discontinued-Clinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (Injection)
- 01 Aug 1995 Discontinued-Clinical for Cancer in USA (Injection)