At a glance
- Originator Astra Arcus USA
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Cognition disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cognition disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jan 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Anxiety disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed