At a glance
- Originator Sanofi-Synthelabo
- Class Antidepressants; Antiparkinsonians
- Mechanism of Action Monoamine oxidase A inhibitors; Monoamine oxidase B inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Major depressive disorder; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 27 Aug 1999 Sanofi and Synthélabo have now merged to form Sanofi-Synthélabo
- 09 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Depression in France (Unknown route)
- 09 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in France (Unknown route)