At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor antagonists; Dopamine D1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 08 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in Netherlands (unspecified route)