At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antiretrovirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Nov 2000 A preclinical study in cynomolgus monkeys has been added to the pharmacokinetics section
- 26 May 2000 A preclinical study has been added to the pharmaockinetics section
- 22 Mar 1999 A study of the activity of DPC 963 against resistant strains of HIV has been added to the antimicrobial activities section