Research programme: subtype-selective NMDA receptor antagonists - Purdue Pharma/Senju
Latest Information Update: 03 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer; Purdue Pharma
- Developer Purdue Pharma; Senju Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists; NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cerebral ischaemia; Epilepsy; Eye disorders; Neurological disorders; Pain; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer
- 16 Nov 1999 CoCensys has been acquired by Purdue Pharma
- 27 May 1999 A lead compound from this programme has been identified