Research programme: AMPA receptor antagonists - Purdue Pharma/Senju
Latest Information Update: 03 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Purdue Pharma
- Developer Purdue Pharma; Senju Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action AMPA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; Epilepsy; Eye disorders; Pain; Schizophrenia; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 16 Nov 1999 CoCensys has been acquired by Purdue Pharma
- 16 Mar 1999 CoCensys has entered into a research agreement with Senju
- 16 Mar 1999 Preclinical development for Eye disorders in USA (unspecified route)