Diabetes type 1 vaccine - BioDiscoveryAlternative Names: Q-Vax
Latest Information Update: 30 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator BioDiscovery; John Curtin School of Medical Research
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Diabetes mellitus vaccines; Vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 22 Aug 2002 This vaccine is still in active development for use in type 1 diabetes
- 03 Dec 1998 New profile
- 03 Dec 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Australia (Parenteral)