HIV ribozyme gene therapy - ImmusolAlternative Names: HIVase 1
Latest Information Update: 26 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Immusol; University of California, San Diego
- Class Antivirals; Gene therapies; Ribozyme genes
- Mechanism of Action Ribonuclease stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Phase-I for HIV infections treatment in USA (Parenteral)
- 10 Jul 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 17 Feb 1999 Phase-I clinical trials for HIV infections treatment in USA (Parenteral)