Hepatitis B edible vaccine - Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Latest Information Update: 19 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
- Class Hepatitis B vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B
Most Recent Events
- 21 Nov 2000 The Boyce Thompson Institute is seeking a corporate partner for continued development of the edible hepatitis B vaccine (http://bti.cornell.edu/)
- 05 Jul 2000 The assets and technology of Axis Genetics have been sold to Dow AgroSciences
- 10 Sep 1999 Axis Genetics has been placed into administration and a buyer is being sought for its business and assets