Research programme: alphaV-beta3 receptor antagonists - Shire
Latest Information Update: 12 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Developer CliniChem Development
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jun 2001 BioChem Pharma has been acquired by Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- 08 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Macular degeneration in Canada (Unknown route)
- 08 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Cancer in Canada (Unknown route)