Research programme: hepatitis C virus helicase inhibitors - Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 20 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS3 protein inhibitors; RNA helicase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 2004 This programme is still in active development
- 20 Aug 2001 This programme is still in active development
- 08 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for Hepatitis C in USA (PO)