Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer metastases
Most Recent Events
- 28 Sep 2001 No-Development-Reported for Cancer metastases in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 09 Dec 1998 New profile